[LIPS] Introduce robust peer selection and banning mechanism

Jan Hackfeld jan.hackfeld at lightcurve.io
Thu Nov 22 05:04:01 EST 2018

Dear Lisk community,

With this email I want to kickstart the discussion and gather your
feedback regarding the LIP "Introduce robust peer selection and banning
mechanism". You can find a short summary of the LIP and link to the LIPS
repository below.

Abstract

This LIP proposes a new implementation of the P2P layer of Lisk
introducing a robust peer selection with periodic shuffling and banning
mechanism. We further suggest to refine the gossip-based flooding
mechanism for blocks, transactions and signatures in order to improve
information propagation. Together the proposed changes make the Lisk
peer-to-peer network ready to scale to a large number of nodes and
further increase the robustness of the network.

https://github.com/LiskHQ/lips/blob/master/proposals/lip-0004.md

--
Jan Hackfeld
Cryptographer, Lightcurve